The Chapel was originally designed and built for use by Ravenhill Academy. The interior consisted of terrazzo floors, oak pews, a marble alter and stained glass windows. The famous artist, Maguerite Gaudin, designed the stained glass windows. She was associated with Willet Stained
Glass Studios. In 1978, the Sisters of the Assumption (taught at
Ravenhill Academy) removed one window to their convent at 227 Bowman Ave., Bala
Cynwyd and replaced the panel with similar 'airy' squares. The rose windows at Rosemont College were modeled after these windows.
With the purchase of Ravenhill Academy in 1982, the college acquired this religious space. At the time of the sale, the chapel was desanctified. This 6,200 square foot space is currently utilized as space for studio instruction, exhibits, lectures, seminars and performances.
on links to view Historical images:
Architect: Henry D Dagit & Sons
Name: St. Eugenia's 1938 - 1982.