INVESTING IN ACADEMIC STRENGTHS: ACTIVITIES AND STATUS
School of Architecture
- M.S. in Sustainable Design launched (45 students by second year)
- M.S. in Construction Management launched (18 students in year 1)
- Hughes renovation (see Develop Innovative Facilities)
- New program development – e.g., Real Estate Development, Interior Architecture proposed
- Crafting joint partnership with MS in Sustainable Design and Villanova’s MS in Sustainable Engineering
- UG majors in construction management, historic preservation, arch photography and museum studies are being planned for offering in 2011
- Organizer of DVGBC conference
School of Science and Health
- Mississippi Program developed
- NIST laboratory grant application filed
- New program development – e.g., Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Homeland Security, Trauma Psychology and others
School of Liberal Arts
- Connected learning increased in majors: Professional communications students engaged in real-world client services – Penn Resource Center, Limelight Theatre.
- Environmental Sustainability Program, Landscape Architecture and SBA produced business plan for on-campus organic garden. Worked with outside non-profit.
- New programs developed in Environmental Sustainability, Law and Society, and Professional Communication.
- Service Learning (SERVE 101) developed with Student Life.
- Upper level writing courses developing closer ties with career services and majors.